My photo
"Where better to care for the soul than in the details of our daily lives?....The soul has an absolute, unforgiving need for regular excursions into enchantment. It requires them like the body needs food and the mind needs thought... An enchanted world is one that speaks to the soul, to the mysterious depths of the heart and imagination where we find value, love and union with the world around us. As mystics of many religions have taught, that sense of rapturous union can give a sense of fulfillment that makes life purposeful and vibrant." ~ Thomas Moore.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

More on Tea

Last night my friend Yami came over and spontaneously said we should visit our Persian restaurant for some exotic cuisine and pure joy! She especially wanted their Persian Ice Cream, which is a combination made only in heaven! When I first had it, I NEEDED lol to have a gallon of it because it was so divine I felt I could live on the happiness I felt when eating it. I tried to get others to chip in with me to buy the huge container but alas, I was alone in my addiction.....for the moment ! :D....but I shall make that one another post.


But last night, we went, and I ordered my Persian Tea and food and appetizers and we had a feast fit for Royalty. Their presentation is so beautiful one doesn't even want to disturb the artful arrangements and beauty of the dish, but eventually hunger and desire win out and the art presentation is delicately broken up with forks. lol. 


But I found another love, and it was their tea. Luckily they delight in telling you their secrets because they sell some of them right next door in their store. So I had to go find the tea they were serving and then they also advised me, very important!..... that making it was also part of the wonderful flavors....which is specifically in a Samovar. 
How beautiful are they! Look at all these pics on google to see.

So once I learned another way to prepare tea, I felt my world of Beauty opened up even more and so today I am not only on the hunt for a Samovar to prepare this lovely Elixir of delight, but I also have to make some of that first addiction I had years ago of their Persian Ice Cream which is an aromatic blend of vanilla ice cream, saffron, rose water, and pistachios', topped off with a sweet dark sour cherry sauce to perfection, and served in a stemmed glass. Do I have to make this at home! of course I do!...and today is the day. I shall be off soon, to purchase a Samovar from the Persian store, along with their tea blend, and to get the ingredients for the Persian Ice Cream. 

I shall surprise my friend Yami with my own creation of her new addiction, lol, and serve it up in the same stemmed glasses I ''happen'' to have, only in a frosted glass, and not in the green and blue ones they used, but I will add my own special touches to it as well. I am delighted to spend my day in this magical quest, and to delight my friend later. I shall keep you posted! :D

"More on Tea"......
But as for ''more on tea'', aside from learning a new way of preparing it in Samovars with blends perfected by Persians, I have just this morning discovered a very cool place for one who decided that his connection to people was more important than anything else and he created ''Samovar Tea Lounge''! This place is fantastic..... A beautiful place! Please peruse all the links to get the full experience of what has been offered. Enjoy !


http://samovarlife.com/lounges/yerba-buena-gardens/



   

1 comment:

  1. Omg. Why....whyyyy has it taken me so long to go back and read? Better late than never,I guess lol! Loving this so much...did you get the samovar?? And I probably don't even have to tell you how much I love samovars... :)
    Russian for "cooks itself" haha
    You write about the elixir here and in my first comment I said that your writing is an elixir for meeee.... ah love the synchronicities, yes I do...love and hugs and light and all good things and yummy tea too :))) xoxoxoxo
    I hope all is well, talk very soon

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and comments are always appreciated and responded to when possible.