My photo
"Where better to care for the soul than in the details of our daily lives?....The soul has an absolute, unforgiving need for regular excursions into enchantment. It requires them like the body needs food and the mind needs thought... An enchanted world is one that speaks to the soul, to the mysterious depths of the heart and imagination where we find value, love and union with the world around us. As mystics of many religions have taught, that sense of rapturous union can give a sense of fulfillment that makes life purposeful and vibrant." ~ Thomas Moore.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Series: "IN AWE OF MOTHER NATURE'' Leaves as Gift Wrap & Lace

I live in awe of Mother Nature, and I do believe her to be the Mother of us all. I can feel Her, smell Her, Her flowers, Her oceans, Her grasses, Her animals, everything, everywhere...she is alive and giving us air, water, foods, greens, trees, shade, Beauty....this is The Mother. I live seeking out her Beauty every day of my life.
Today, I didn't know for sure what I'd be up to yet. However, one thing led to another.....

I saw a little lip gloss I bought for my neighbor, and I wanted to give it to her before she left for work. Of course it needed to be wrapped but I didn't want to do the usual stuff......paper, organza bags....these things would be thrown away and I go to far too much work to make it perfect and artful, then people just discard it. I knew I needed to feel myself, my Inner Muse, to get an inspiration and it came fortheright. :D
I wanted a leaf, and I have plenty on this property of all shapes and sizes and textures. I went out to the garden and walked around looking and touching, feeling and smelling....and I found one, large, soft enough to lend itself to folding and yet has an additional gift....a beautiful green mossy, fresh scent when the leaf was bent. It felt as if it was suede texture....sooooooo soft. It was a leaf from a Spiral Ginger or Shampoo Ginger? (OH MY GOD ..... I was googling this plant to find a picture for you all and I just found out that this plant is also a shampoo?????? I know what I'm doing tonight~! )

Back to sanity here LOL....I just got carried thinking about using these cones from the plant in my yard for shampoo.....something I've been looking for an all natural alternative for.

Soooooo I touched a leaf and bent it and yes, it lent itself to being folded with beautiful wavy curves.




I then found a piece of twine to tie it and hold it, but something was missing. I'd like another texture and color, maybe something like a piece of lace? Yes! I found it right next to the twine because I collect what is called Skeleton Leaves  from the Garden because I think they are so ethereally beautiful !     I wanted more so I went hunting very close the ground foraging for these ethereal lacy leaves, and this attention to detail of the grounds, snails, leaves, textures and colors definitely set the proper tone for the day.....in tune with Nature!
  
So that went onto the ''gift wrap'' and then the twine and I was done and happy. When I walked over to her house she was on her way out and she saw my hand and in her busy out-the-door chatter said ''oh, what is that? it's so cute!"....and then on with her chatter. When she was done I said this is for you.....a little gift I picked up.....and she was happy. I will hear back from her later I'm sure.
                                                               Gift: Wrapped by Nature


 Such original Beauty, there is no waste, no garbage, nothing more beautiful than what Mother Nature offers.



I'm sharing this post with FRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE : Featheed Nest Friday


10 comments:

  1. That is very lovely! Perhaps when our local fairy queen stops at our elderberry grove on her Midsummer's Eve Procession, she will leave a similarly wrapped gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I think Diane, she may want one left for herself. :D

      Delete
  2. What a great idea for gift wrap and the skeleton leaf was the perfect finish....and a bonus finding out that tree could be used for shampoo...I wish I was looking at greenery right now...it is so brown and barren here...a refreshing post for sure...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥...all of the above...what a devine idea...magic...♥
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to wrap a gift. Like two gifts in one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a nice idea! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful to me!!! I love the idea of using nature for wrappings....and the way you used your found treasures is perfect! I can tell already that I love your style :) xxoo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and comments are always appreciated and responded to when possible.