My photo
"Where better to care for the soul than in the details of our daily lives?....The soul has an absolute, unforgiving need for regular excursions into enchantment. It requires them like the body needs food and the mind needs thought... An enchanted world is one that speaks to the soul, to the mysterious depths of the heart and imagination where we find value, love and union with the world around us. As mystics of many religions have taught, that sense of rapturous union can give a sense of fulfillment that makes life purposeful and vibrant." ~ Thomas Moore.

Friday, October 24, 2014

Vanity, Alter of Self Lovingness

*An Early Christmas gift comes as a shock, on a day I found something I've been trying to thrift-fully engineer from bits and pieces of highly potentized thrift finds.

I went to Big Lots to pick up my tapers, as I love burning one in the crystal candleholder as I'm working in the kitchen. The glow is like a pure, friendly and warm spirit who keeps me company, flickering away its golden amber light as I prepare foods.









I spoke of wanting a Vanity Dresser and why here.

Today, I found a Vanity Dresser, the right size, the right colour and with just enough carving to make it interesting, and with my favourite type of mirror, the tri-fold.
This piece was gifted as an early Christmas present since waiting until I had the funds for it would take months.....I must have been ''good" :D.
But it is now sitting where I've been envisioning it and though it is lovely, I have another vision for its final outcome which I will need to work on. I am really needing some Paris Grey in this room.
In the meanwhile, this little beauty is sitting there calling me, to sit at our Alter and engage some serious self loving routines which I simply am giddy about.....just like a Lady of the Woods :-)

Please understand, I have come to understand the way I operate, how thoughts and feelings become things. This ''vanity'' is not in the negative sense of the word, I am a firm believer that everyone needs to spend quality time grooming, and performing all those acts to enhance ones body and appearance, and no need to say how this can get out of hand for some, but what this means for me, is that for a woman like myself who for years now feels fragile sometimes, vulnerable sometimes, ugly sometimes, broken, tired and in too much pain.....it seems like there is no beauty for me anymore, that I do not possess this. I am wrong to feel this, or rather I should say those feelings have no basis in reality. I knew this intellectually but I had to trick my mind into finding a way to KNOW this.
I have learned something about myself and that is, if there is a spot for some particular thing, then I will use it as such. The way I can correct these feelings is to take self care into a reverent place, a sacred place where I am in a loving state, giving care to whatever it is that needs caring for, be it my face, my body, my feelings.....a beautiful Alter or Vanity Dresser, can be that small space I give to myself, having all I need in one place. It is here where I don't allow the pains and negative voices any space, this is only a space for love and care.
I am already in love.




























I will be back with the finished one.


Sharing this with Home and Garden Thursday

and with The Charm of Home

and with Rooted In Thyme

and with French Country Cottage

and with Shabbilicious Friday


  



5 comments:

  1. Your kitchen table is lovely, your vanity is lovely and your words are lovely. As we age and see the changes in the mirror and feel the changes in our bodies and abilities, it is good to appreciate things as they are and take care of ourselves and enjoy life's beauty such as the candlelight while you cook. Surrounding ourselves with lovely things, calm and quiet is just what the soul needs on occasion. Beautiful post. (Joanie McLaughlin, a blog reader)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an absolutely gorgeous comment Joanie McLaughlin! I thank you so much for being here and commenting.

      Delete
  2. So you did it... one more time! I should be humbly learning from you how to manifest our deepest dreams and wishes... Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy my dearest friend, since you deserve it more than anyone I know!!! (and share more pics, so we can enjoy with you and delight our Spirits...)
    Warmest hugs and blessings, Anam Cara!
    K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The synchronicites are happening again so often I've begun to write them all down. They began when I decided I wanted to move, to live, to have a man in my life again, to dream again, etc. This one took literally only a couple of hours! I found the Vanity in the store when going for the tapers. When I got home I told John about my discovery. Then he took my car, {his is in the shop} to run his errands and came home ''with an early Christmas present''. I was so shocked because the week before he had literally $4.00 credit to his name, so this was a shocker. I asked him why he did it, he said he knows that if I go back when I have the funds it won't be there. So he got it. :D....and that's the story. I think he is grateful to be using my car to get back and forth to work this past week, otherwise he'd not be able to. But I am grateful too.
      I am still working on that Mothering Man :D.....I also decided we will know each other when we see each other, this makes it all easier and I'm all about ease these days. I told you, once I make a decision.....!

      Delete
  3. Love the vanity!! So glad you got one! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and comments are always appreciated and responded to when possible.