My photo
"Where better to care for the soul than in the details of our daily lives?....The soul has an absolute, unforgiving need for regular excursions into enchantment. It requires them like the body needs food and the mind needs thought... An enchanted world is one that speaks to the soul, to the mysterious depths of the heart and imagination where we find value, love and union with the world around us. As mystics of many religions have taught, that sense of rapturous union can give a sense of fulfillment that makes life purposeful and vibrant." ~ Thomas Moore.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

"Eglantine" is done - My 2nd Piece

I've finished, just about, my second piece, which is a design from my whimsical imagination. I'd love to do all my pieces this way, but there are times I see things I love and have to do like my first Market Jacket .

Why does this one have a name? that's a good question and I'd love to know myself LOL.....I found as I was making ''her'' that I kept referring to the garment as ''she'', and when I asked my Inner Muse why, it only gave me a sensation of each piece I make having ''a life of its own''....and so it was named. And the name ''Eglantine'' kept coming into my mind.....lol.....Why Eglantine? such a funny name for sure.....well, this IS the name of my favorite golden hearted selfless witch, Eglantine from Bedknobs and Broomsticks . :D and since I could not get it out of my head, there it is.

And so here ''she'' is. I do have a plan to dye this lavender, a color I cannot get out of my head either, and I'm working on the dye now, its on the stove, and I am sampling a scrap of the fabric before I dip Eglantine into an Elderberry bath for lavender color. Otherwise, she is just as sweet in my favorite of all time non color, white. These first three pics she was unfinished, but still pretty enough for me to be happy with her. I somehow made it too large and had to remove 4 inches from the wide of the top, I decided to taper it down. I added some crochet work to the front and the ties from seambinding for small bows. Then last I added some ties in the back so  I can tie it to my waist as this is a very wide garment, and it looked so feminine tapered to waist.






 This is the finished garment, with bows, and finished details.










 The texture is fabulous!



I'm sharing this post with Katie's Nesting Spot 









8 comments:

  1. That is so pretty--I love your style! you are talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful !!!!! love it... And thank u you for you comment... I use Rite Dye.. I use wine color and Denmin blue color very little and test it before i use it, if too dark i use a little bleach.. Those are my Perfect Colors...Wine and Denmin blue ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how nice to actually receive a response to a query from someone, I thank you very much, and I will have to try it.

      Delete
  3. Wow...You are quite the seamstress..you create some amazing pieces...Are you doing this without a pattern???? I can't wait to see how the Elderberry will look...this is such a gorgeous piece... I can't wait to see what else you will create...love how you came up with the name...it suits it...:)

    Have a beautiful Sunday Lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Linda WITHOUT patterns, which I can't stand. I want to create, so this means from my imagination and engineering what I see there and making it real, except for the visual I had with Les Ours jacket piece which I looked at a hundred times to see all the details. But I'm designing, yes, and making them. I have much to do and I've always wanted to do this, only now I have the courage at my "mature" age. The elderberries didn't have any lavender in it but it did look purple in the pot. I'm having to use a synthetic yuck dye now. :D Thank you for the continued support you give me! Today I want to make some needle books with some beautiful things, just a craft to keep me inventing...a sweet thing. Keeping busy and away from worldly dross. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just discovered your blog today and look forward to visiting often, it has such wonderful energy! I love the ethereal gypsy style of Eglantine, such a gorgeous creation :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Angela, and I hope to hear from you again. :D

      Delete
  6. It turned out BEAUTIFUL!!! GREAT job! Oh it's gorgeous! OK...you're on a roll now!
    Thanks for linking to my party!
    Blessings, Doni

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and comments are always appreciated and responded to when possible.