My photo
"Where better to care for the soul than in the details of our daily lives?....The soul has an absolute, unforgiving need for regular excursions into enchantment. It requires them like the body needs food and the mind needs thought... An enchanted world is one that speaks to the soul, to the mysterious depths of the heart and imagination where we find value, love and union with the world around us. As mystics of many religions have taught, that sense of rapturous union can give a sense of fulfillment that makes life purposeful and vibrant." ~ Thomas Moore.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Farmers Market Gratitude

It has been a long time since I went to the Farmers Market....just not liking going out much anymore, especially in a non stop humid/hot weather.
I promised a recipe for a delish Peach Crumble next but when I have the brain power to conjure up measurements for a ''recipe'' I will do so.

Today I went to Market and things were different there, they always change up things, some loved things go and some new ones come, but I found a few of my favorite things.
I am not able to do many things due to financial changes in my life since a year ago, so when I do get to go shopping it is a huge pleasure. This is my basket for today, not all I purchased is visible but its beautiful.



One was a Coconut Ginger juice I spoke about here. I had a sip today and it was still swoon worthy stuff! Yumly! I bought one. And because he also makes a Coconut Lime one, which I discovered on my own the addition of lime was sublime, I bought one of those for the way back :D I bought 2 dozen white roses for $10.00, makes the trip there worthwhile! 3 potted herbs, pineapple mint, thai mint, and regular mint....love them for everything!
I bought my favorite Walnut Ciabatta which they sell half baked but once you order it they can bake it for 8 minutes while you wait and then its heavenly hot baked bread....no words......just yumly and you can see from the picture I was already picking on it. You can not leave warm delish bread to grow cold right?! I bought a dozen organic free range egss for $5.00 expensive, but eggs must be good quality. A handmade artisan mozzarella cheese to make my "famous Caprice Salad" lol and some fat beefsteak tomatoes for that Caprice. There was an old man standing there picking out choice ones so I asked him to help me pick some too and he was only too happy it seemed to have someone speak to him! What fun!
I bought something new, rice chips as large as pita bread for those times when I need a crunch with something like my Chickpea Feta dip but want something not heavy, so this was a great find. They did NOT have my mustard which I wanted really badly....Bens Mustard. And I bought two mini red velvet cupcakes because of the cream cheese topping which I needed to eat on the spot! LOL

Beautiful basket these things create and I'm eating well again today. But mostly I am extremely GRATEFUL to be able to shop and buy some simple foods and Roses I wanted.

many blessings to your life.
lady






10 comments:

  1. OH what a lovely bundle of BEAUTY!!!!!! Dear one, I hope you are well....taking in any tea these day?

    We are well here; it is cooler, bright and lovely and we are so enjoying this fine weather!!! Big hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita :D, a lovely bundle of beauty, yes. I am well, very tired and sleepy beyond belief, but better thank you!
      No tea for a few days, but I feel one coming on any minute now. Its just that I'm very ritualistic about it, using beautiful tableware and choosing just the right tea for my needs, etc. LOL. I will have to order more Paris Tea very shortly too! Glad you are having cooler weather, can't wait until we do too.....really will be appreciated here by so many. blessings, lady

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! Send me one here :P
    I just love everything that you put in the basket..I am sure you enjoy the blessing in a beautiful day :)

    Blessing,

    Delvalina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love farmer's markets and went to a local one yesterday. My finances are tight, and I am forced to charge many things. I also went to a farm store in New Jersey and bought two pumpkins, some gourds, and two kale/cabbage plants. For my flower bed in front of my house. I also bought cinnamon doughnuts. :) I love fall, just adore everything about it. You purchased some yummy and beautiful things. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I wish we HAD a Fall! I love the kale for planting, they're beautiful, purple and green. I'm hoping to find some white pumpkins, have you seen those? I fell in love with them somehow. Here its' difficult, something about the heat and humidity not allowing for fall decor....just doesn't fit right. I miss it so much!
      Glad you're beautifying.
      lady

      Delete
  4. It is great to be appreciative of what you have, it is refreshing. Those roses are beautiful..and the bread sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a good visit to the farmer's market. Your basket full of goodies is lovely. I love a farmers market too, but since we don't have one in my tiny town, I have to go some distance so I don't go much. I think we must be quite alike in that I don't like to go out very much. I am quite the homebody I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a nice visit there. I even dressed nice in my white french linen skirt as I like to be part of the market beauty LOL..
      I do not like to go out much and yes have found I'm a homebody too. I must find more enthusiasm for sewing and such, but soon will start on a major project of redoing my room, taking everything out and painting it white and the furniture white too, with silver touches. I want my room ethereal, beautiful and to look decorated. But I must wait for it to cool so I can keep windows open etc. I just wish I had a larger house and property to play around in. I cannot grow flowers the way I like it just seems too humid or something. But I do get to go outside all year and use the outdoors as another room, when so many have to be inside in winter due to cold, so there is a compromise in any case. Thanks for visiting.
      lady

      Delete
  6. Wow that´s wonderful, my friend! I´m really glad you´d went out for some fresh air, and agree with you farm products are the best (I can vividly imagine you with your linen skirt and your pretty basket, as if you were in an impressionist painting LOL) I´m proud to say that we do have that here too; in fact, they bring fresh fruits, vegetables, eggs, jams and canned directly from farms and sell them at colourful outdoor markets installed in a different neighborhood each day of the week... I have one just around the corner on Saturdays, where I usually buy provissions for the whole week -well, after all it gives some advantage to live in a small agricultural country, right? LOVED the herbs and the beautiful roses!
    Blessings, K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful basket of joy!! I love Farmer's Markets, but ours are now closed for the cold season...
    Everything you bought is splendid...
    How are you feeling??
    Sending you much love and light!
    Enjoy your luscious goodies, dear friend!
    xoxo,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and comments are always appreciated and responded to when possible.