My photo
"Where better to care for the soul than in the details of our daily lives?....The soul has an absolute, unforgiving need for regular excursions into enchantment. It requires them like the body needs food and the mind needs thought... An enchanted world is one that speaks to the soul, to the mysterious depths of the heart and imagination where we find value, love and union with the world around us. As mystics of many religions have taught, that sense of rapturous union can give a sense of fulfillment that makes life purposeful and vibrant." ~ Thomas Moore.

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Chronicles of the Workings of the Real Fae: part 4 Synchronicities and Good Things

A year ago, I wanted to hang a banner on a pole that is near our lean-to by the shed, as that pole is so tall it must for me, serve some magical purpose, other than what it was built for which I cannot fathom. It is such an ugly construction I had to figure out how to insert some magic and take away from the ugly. So a lovely banner was the answer. I searched and searched and could find nothing that would work in that spot for my purpose. Garden flags and spinners was either too cheesy looking or too small, just not right, or cheap looking. I was not going that way at all, not ever. For months I could find nothing.

 *For some reason I have been craving Frankincense. Not just to smell it, I want it every where, to be infused with it, burn it, diffuse it, ingest it, wear it, everything, I cannot get enough. So I've been researching Frankincense and the purest kind, and I bought an ingestible powder, and oil for diffuser. I also found some quality seller/alchemist/perfumer on Etsy and put those items on my wish list. But Monday morning was the first day I took in some Frankincense tea or emulsion, a quarter teaspoon of the powder left in water overnight and drunk in the morning. It was delightful.*

Then after I had decided I would garden here this past week, I continued online my search for a banner that would be specifically welcoming for the Fae, that would be the first appropriate step, something for them. Now an idea came up that was easy and affordable and looked beautiful. I bought some of the fabric but it was far too light, I folded it up and put it away. Back to the drawing board. I searched and searched in such a way that I knew I would not stop until I found it. Within minutes this time, I found it. It was perfect and I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but its understandable that my brain has been fried over these past years, so I can no longer think of everything I need the way I used to. But there it was. And not just one, but several lovely choices and the price was right. In fact everything was perfect about it, would involve very little work on my end. I don't have to go crazy looking into medieval banners and flag making with silks and linens, embroidering designs, or laser printing, weather-proofing etc etc.....sigh. This was it. Those went into my wish list. So the idea of one banner turned into 6 spread across the property in symmetrical form.

I also wanted hanging lanterns for the trees, also since I moved here, and I could not let that idea go. I found some online and those went into my wish list. I needed hangers for the lanterns, I found beautiful scroll work iron hangers, onto the list. Also banner hangers, on the list.

Now on that pole I wanted to hang the Welcoming Banner for the Fae, there is a piece of wood, also serving some mysterious purpose, but instead of taking it down I decided to put up a wooden plaque over it, a Heraldic sign with a name on it, something like Fairy Cottage and Gardens, yes that would do. But how to design that would take some imagining.

So Tuesday, yesterday morning as I was lying in bed I was in my imaginarium inventing, creating a design for the plaque, whilst in that space, some things began falling into place, like a puzzle with the pieces all making for me a clear picture, and I GOT IT!......I realized what was happening here on this land, with the plants etc, and more importantly what I needed to do. I had been told when I moved here of some horrible things that happened on these lands back in the day. I won't repeat them here, but this land bears the spiritual scars of it all. It was like some little faery had danced over the stepping stones of bits and pieces in my mind and put them together, informed me and laid out a clear path. ( I decided it had to be the Frankincense that had cleared some blockage in my spirit {validating its spiritual uses} that allowed the information I needed to come through, hence the cravings for it, along with help from the Fae who I had committed to working with and for.)

The decision was already made to garden for the Fae and the land itself, not just for my own visions of gardens. I had to work with them. Reminisces of that reading of Ken telling me I was like Dorothy came to mind. huh.
 
But I felt life forces sparkling through me now. I got up Tuesday morning with my mind illumined and clear and my physical body was energized and alive like it used to be, fast paced and walking hard and fast, and I went out to tell john "I got it! I know what to do with this land, and I understand what happened, it all fits now." Its not that he listens or even remembers, but mostly I need a witness, so I tell him some things.... because that witness is crucial when I do have to explain things to people or I even tend to doubt the things happening, he is there to say he saw it or he heard it too. That is why I tell him anything. I need a witness.
This land has according to someone I spoke with when I first moved here, some really dark history, and happenings. Nothing but brambles grow as far as one can see, and some sorry looking greenery, makes no sense. And on top of that, I've had some intentional dark energies directed at me and my gardens which is also the energies that is killing indoor plants that should not die. Meters also.

So now filled with understanding and a sense of purpose or mission, or endowed with a task from the Beyond, I was alive again, and this is good, a sign of things going right.
That day Tuesday I had only one thing scheduled to do with john's help and that was to prune the crepe myrtle trees, but he also suggested we go to the garden store to look for the maidenhair plants to replace the dead ones. Ok. plan. I got dressed and ready though I wasn't prepared to go out in a car and drive around, I abhor that, but I did want those plants now.

I took 2 $100 bills for my purchases. On the way to Garden Gate Nursery I got really hungry and said we should stop at Fresh Market to pick up a bite. We parked and I got out and walked ahead and a lady heading towards me was smiling. I love those days when people are friendly. I could tell she wanted to talk to me but didn't. John was maybe 10 feet behind me and she said something to him and I heard him say, "she bought this for me", meaning his T-Shirt which he always gets complimented on because its a beautiful green with a large yin yang tree of life. I smiled at her again. Once inside the store I decided I needed a bit of coffee which I do not drink but on days once or twice a year where I need to be working the whole day, so I got one of Fresh Market's sample coffee's. While there a tall older energetic man holding a helmet came also for a bit java, and he began to talk and oh boy, someone talking to me what a delight. ( remember I lived isolated where I am with no friend or family and few phone contacts and neither does john talk to me) So this was a delight! He was very pleasant and social and I told him when the service lady said she was bringing out the blueberry crumble I thought she meant a cake, but it was a coffee and he laughed and decided to try it and I went for my 2nd sample. John went to the john, and this man stayed with me chatting so nicely I wish I could have spent the day with him. When he had his cup ready he cheered my cup, what fun! But john came back and stood behind me and the man decided to leave. During the time he was there talking to me another woman looked like she wanted to speak with me too, but didn't want to intrude on this chat. I saw a couple of other women looking at me and wanting to talk it seems, but they didn't, they just kept smiling at me. I used to have days like that all the time. In fact I was "told" often I needed to go out, for the people somehow. I wanted to say, "I'm baaach!", in the most positive sense of the meaning.

We left there with pannini's and drove to Garden Gate and more friendly smiling people.....so much so it was anomalous and I pointed it out to John.....again I need a witness. He did see it. I reiterated all that had gone on and the sequence of events and it seemed to him and to me, that the Fae were actually helping me, maybe not with the plants but with their energy. But the store had no maidenhair fern. I wanted a juniper specimen but they couldn't break another $100 so john bought it. I then said we should go to Lowe's to look for some evergreens to replace the ones that died. They had none but my first purchase was there at Lowes a large leafed philodendron plant for under the carport, as I only want specimen plants now, not a bunch of little half alive things struggling. Then on to Home Depot. I bought a beautiful planter for the juniper. Last at walmart I bought 2 hanging boston ferns for under the carport, but there is where I discovered I had lost a $100. bill. I was heartbroken. Such a magical enchanting day and here was some interference. It couldn't be, I haven't lost any cash since I was 17 years old. I searched thoroughly and it wasn't there. Then I felt the "pattern"....this was "normal".....feeling good and then something negative to ruin it, was indeed a pattern so much so that john was the one who noticed it in my life first. However, today I was not wanting to destroy the good vibes I was loving all day so far so in between still feeling the good vibes, I was lamenting but really didn't feel like feeling bad, so I was going back and forth.

I asked john if he could drive me back to Lows and H.D. because maybe, miracles happen, someone found it and saved it for me? He said sure. Se we drove back to Lowes first since that was where I first pulled out my money. I wanted to find the blond girl at the register but she wasn't there, and the girl that was there I explained and asked if the blond girl who served me could be paged, but she directed me to the customer service desk where she said she was working. I went there but she wasn't. I walked a bit through the store looking for the girl, but knew it was futile, she could be anywhere and again, I didn't feel like lamenting. I walked back to the register and asked if the girl could page the blond girl and that I would leave my name and number in case she did find it and could return it, but she didn't even know the blond girls name, so she paged a manager. And all this time I felt this a was a one in a million chance. I don't even know even if I did drop it because so often things simply vanish from the air (in my world).  So as I was writing my name, the current girl paged a manager because she didn't know the blond girls name who served me, and when I wanted to write my telephone number I couldn't remember it so went to the car to ask john and he was telling me and I was writing, when the blond girl came running to the car with the $100. bill in her hand and she said she had hoped I would return, because I dropped it on the way out of the store. I looked at the bill and at her and my face scrunched up and the tears came running down and I just cried at the impossible luck, the honesty....., her sweet face and the rock hard proof of my Faery Friends helping me still on this enchanting day. I wanted to thank her and looked at her name tag and if ever there was a Faery name, this was it......Arela.

4 comments:

  1. Awww....what an awesome story! I am happy things worked out for you. I can't wait to hear the rest of your journey. I get the same feeling about oils or smells. My essential oil is Nag Champa. As soon as the smell starts to spiral onto the room my mind and emotions are instantly at peace. The older I get the more I yearn for little snippets of magic throughout my day. Do you ever feel that way? Blessings, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Melissa for reading still and being interested. I promise this is "going somewhere" but I don't know where yet. And absolutely, the ahem, more time passes, the more need the magic throughout the day, certainly more often. I feel that way every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serena, it´s Kaisa. Will you email me, please. Some technology problem, can´t find your email. Miss you. And thank you for these delicious writings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This story, I tell you...you are a gifted writer, have I said this to you? Yes...lol...yes I have... :))) So back to Korean things...please remind me to tell you about the Golden Maknae...

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts and comments are always appreciated and responded to when possible.